Saturday, September 03, 2005

The Drive


Tina and I got on the road Thursday morning at 3:30. We reached the Mojave in time for a gorgeous sunrise, and the drive continued to be perfect and beautiful as we moved into Northern AZ and NM. We took turns napping and driving, and had plenty of music, snacks, and cold drinks in the car.

I kept adjusting my goal for the day…. First I wanted to get to Albuquerque before sleeping, then Amarillo, then Wichita Falls. The drive went so quickly and so well… At about midnight, Tina pulled into a rest stop in Clarendon, Texas, and we caught some sleep. I woke up at 3:00, grabbed a coffee from the vending machine, washed my face, and started the car. We had 397 miles to get to Waco, which is where you pull off and head west about 20 miles to Crawford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home